FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
355 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

i am using a RUT500 in my house in the woods. Now i bought a RUT240 to use  LTE. LTE is working good but the Wifi signal is very weak. Compared to the RUT500 the signal is about 20dB less. I tested it in a area without other Wifi Signals outdoor under the same conditions.

I am using a RUT24006E000 Serial 1108096569 with the latest firmware.

Is there a chance to repair the modem or is this a problem of the RUT240 at all. Please help me with this problem, otherwise the RUT240 is not usable in my house. Is there a router without this problems with a strong Wifi signal?

regards

jomixl

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

I would like to know at which distance your RUT240 WiFi is not reachable anymore? RUT240 WiFi is not the strongest aspect of the device. I would recommend choosing RUT360 instead.

Regards.
by anonymous
Hello, the distance was about 20m free air without walls. I used a app for measure the signal. RUT500 was araound -60dB and RUT240 was around -80dB.

One Question to the RUT360: is the SMS send/receive Interface the same as RUT240/RUT500?
Regards
0 votes
by anonymous
i bought a RUT360 to solve it, but if you look at the datasheet of the RUT240 there is mentioned that the wifi signal strenght is weak.