FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
597 views 4 comments
by anonymous

Hi All,

I have configured RUT240 (FW RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.4) with 2 LAN connection, LAN1 = LAN port, LAN2 = WAN port as LAN, WAN = Mobile 4G. Device A (10.10.0.10) in LAN1 needs to be accessible by LAN2 for bacnet (port 47808) and modbus(port 502) communication. I have tried to port forward 2 configurations any devices from LAN2 port 502 and port 47808 to LAN1 10.10.0.10 port 502 and port 47808, but this does not seem to work. Network diagram here.

by anonymous
The RUT240 only forwards standard ports like 443 and 80.  Good luck, if you need to forward non standard ports I suggest you look elsewhere.  I have four RUT240 bookends basically because they won't forward anything other than 80 and 443.  Trust me I have tried for days to make them work before giving up and buying a router that actually acts like a router.
by anonymous

RUT240 do not have any restriction in use of port forward. Port 80 and port 443 are default to use HTTP or HTTPS connection. In order to use any custom port number in port forward to access WebUI needs to edit remote access settings and change port number to custom one. More information could be found on our wiki.

Best regards,

Sigitas

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.
I would like to ask if I understand correctly, there are two VLANs and you need, that both of them communicate with each other?
If so, this can be done, by editing zone forwarding (more information).
Similar issue was in this case and I hope it helps.
If you will have any further question, do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Sigitas

by anonymous
Hi Sigitas,

I only a single device to communicate on both VLANs, I have tried using zone forward but still could not get it to work.
by anonymous
Hi, kt,

Could you provide a backup and troubleshoot in private message?
I will check check what cause the issue.

Best regards,
Sigitas K.