FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
254 views 2 comments
by anonymous

The current firmware was RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.3. I tried to downgrade it for some testing by running "sysupgrade /tmp/RUT2XX_R_00.01.13.3_WEBUI.bin && exit" and it led me to Writing from <stdin> to firmware ...  [w]. I didn't know why it did that so I ctrl+C it. Then it took me to a weird prompt @RUT240:(unreachable)/root#. I didn't know what to do so I exited the session and now I can't log in anymore. I replugged the power and all I see now are 5 solid green lights and I can't reach it via WebUI or SSH anymore. I held down the reset button for more than 5 seconds and nothing happened. I also tried the bootloader menu by holding the reset button down while applying power and held it for another 5 seconds and still nothing. Please advise me on how to fix it.

Here's the process:

root@RUT240:~# sysupgrade /tmp/RUT2XX_R_00.01.13.3_WEBUI.bin && exit

Collected errors:

* file_sha256sum_alloc: Failed to open file /etc/quagga/bgpd.conf: No such file or directory.

* file_sha256sum_alloc: Failed to open file /etc/quagga/ospf6d.conf: No such file or directory.

* file_sha256sum_alloc: Failed to open file /etc/quagga/ospfd.conf: No such file or directory.

* file_sha256sum_alloc: Failed to open file /etc/quagga/ripd.conf: No such file or directory.

* file_sha256sum_alloc: Failed to open file /etc/quagga/ripngd.conf: No such file or directory.

Saving config files...

killall: watchdog: no process killed

Sending TERM to remaining processes ... logd rpcd logtrigger netifd odhcpd eventslogd gsmd crond modem_sync mwan qmi-proxy mdcollectd port_event_chec sh dnsmasq ntpclient ubusd askfirst sh uhttpd sleep sleep sleep

Sending KILL to remaining processes ... mwan gsmctl askfirst

Switching to ramdisk...

sh: 0: unknown operand

Performing system upgrade...

/lib/ledblink.sh: line 21: can't create /sys/class/leds/status_green/brightness: nonexistent directory

/lib/ledblink.sh: line 21: can't create /sys/class/leds/status_red/brightness: nonexistent directory

Unlocking firmware ...

Writing from <stdin> to firmware ...  [w] 

[w][w]t

[w]^C

@RUT240:(unreachable)/root# ls

@RUT240:(unreachable)/root# cd

-ash: cd: can't cd to /root: No such file or directory

@RUT240:(unreachable)/root# ls

@RUT240:(unreachable)/root# ls /

bin      etc      mnt      proc     sys      usr

dev      lib      overlay  sbin     tmp      var

@RUT240:(unreachable)/root# exit

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous
Hello,

If I do understand correctly, you cannot reach your device WebUI and SSH, also the bootloader menu is not available too? If that is the case, please return your device to your reseller if it still is covered by warranty.

Regards.
Best answer
by anonymous

Thank you for the response, I will do that. But can you help me understand why it led me to Writing from <stdin> to firmware ...  [w] ? This did not happen when I upgraded from 1.13.3 to 1.14.3. Does it have to do with the "&& exit" I added at the end?

by anonymous

Hello,

Personally, I have never faced Writing from <stdin> to firmware ...  [w] ? . It may be that additional command at the end could have caused that, because regularly it does not print this message. 

Regards.