7879 questions

9306 answers

14980 comments

12787 members

0 votes
23 views 2 comments
ago by
Hello,

I've a Rut240 and a Telekom contract with static Ipv6 adress. Our Target is to reach the RUT240 and the conected local network by the static IPv6 adress. According to the information from telekom the right apn is festip.telekom. To check if the sim still works I tryed out the sim in my mobilephone with the named apn and it still works. With the same configuration in the RUT240 I don't get any connection to the web.

The Rut240 has the latest firmware RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.4

Thanks Florian

2 Answers

0 votes
ago by

Hello,

RUT240 does not have official IPv6 support implemented yet, but it is planned for the future.

With certain providers, customers were able to receive IPv6 connections. Please make sure that IPv6 support is enabled in the System > Administration > General > IPv6 Support tab.

Also, you could try to edit network config (/etc/config/network) and change pdptype to 2:

Regards.

ago by
Hi,

who I can change the network config shown in the screenshot?

I`ve found a firmware, which alows ipv6, but it isn't a official firmware. Next problem, my desktop says there is internet connection, but it isn't and also the RUT240 says Data connection: Disconnected

https://community.teltonika-networks.com/10674/rut240%26rut955-ipv6-mobile-disconnected

Is there a date or rought point in time when RUT240 gets an offical firmware which supports Ipv6?

Regards

Florian
ago by

Please use command vi /etc/config/network to edit it via CLI/SSH. I would suggest getting familiar with vi editor to successfully change settings: https://www.guru99.com/the-vi-editor.html

Currently, I cannot tell an exact date yet, because RUT2 devices are in progress to receive a huge update (including IPv6 support).

Regards.

0 votes
ago by
I have the same issue telekom M2M cards with fixed IPv6 but with the APN for the fix IPv6 the RUT240 don’t get an connection. I there any workaround possible until IPv6 implementation is available?