FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+2 votes
742 views 7 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I've a Rut240 and a Telekom contract with static Ipv6 adress. Our Target is to reach the RUT240 and the conected local network by the static IPv6 adress. According to the information from telekom the right apn is festip.telekom. To check if the sim still works I tryed out the sim in my mobilephone with the named apn and it still works. With the same configuration in the RUT240 I don't get any connection to the web.

The Rut240 has the latest firmware RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.4

Thanks Florian

5 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

RUT240 does not have official IPv6 support implemented yet, but it is planned for the future.

With certain providers, customers were able to receive IPv6 connections. Please make sure that IPv6 support is enabled in the System > Administration > General > IPv6 Support tab.

Also, you could try to edit network config (/etc/config/network) and change pdptype to 2:

Regards.

by anonymous
Hi,

who I can change the network config shown in the screenshot?

I`ve found a firmware, which alows ipv6, but it isn't a official firmware. Next problem, my desktop says there is internet connection, but it isn't and also the RUT240 says Data connection: Disconnected

https://community.teltonika-networks.com/10674/rut240%26rut955-ipv6-mobile-disconnected

Is there a date or rought point in time when RUT240 gets an offical firmware which supports Ipv6?

Regards

Florian
by anonymous

Please use command vi /etc/config/network to edit it via CLI/SSH. I would suggest getting familiar with vi editor to successfully change settings: https://www.guru99.com/the-vi-editor.html

Currently, I cannot tell an exact date yet, because RUT2 devices are in progress to receive a huge update (including IPv6 support).

Regards.

by anonymous

hello i'm facing the same issue and have tried your method with the vi editor and no success... what should i do now  ?

with these settings i don't have any Internet connection but as soon as i edit it to the custom setting with the automatic APY it has internet connection again but still cant get it to work with the static IP given by the Telekom(ISP)!  I need to have a custom APY like in the Picture below in order to use my Static IP... Please help :(

+1 vote
by anonymous
I have the same issue telekom M2M cards with fixed IPv6 but with the APN for the fix IPv6 the RUT240 don’t get an connection. I there any workaround possible until IPv6 implementation is available?
by anonymous
Same problem here!

you need to fix this you guys !!
0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Is there a router in the portfolio of teltonika which provides ipv6 right now?

Or are all routers waiting for an update?

Regards

Florian
by anonymous
Hi,

RUTX and RUT9 series do support IPv6 with the 7.0 firmware
0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

so RUT950 or RUTX11 are possible solutions to get a static ipv6 adress?

Regards Florian
by anonymous
Do RUT955 support ipv6 on both SIM cards?
0 votes
by anonymous
Any updates on RUT955 to work with Static IPV6 Telekom?
by anonymous
Hi,
We have ruth240 with new firmware RUT2_R_00.07.02.4

with static Telekom ip apn: festip.telecomm its working, but you have only ipv6 access.
you can see your ipv6 with ssh ifconfig, try to ping it, or open ssh. try the ipv6 of lan, its allways thame.

if you want ipv4 you need in interface with 464xlat, unfavorably the kernel modul kmod-nat46 is missing, so opkg update, opkg install 464xlat has an error, may be Teltonica can provide this kernel modul.