FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
568 views 1 comments
by anonymous
NOIP has a feature that permit to create sub-account using GROUPS to update an host using credential different from main account.

I create in my NOIP account a group called "myGroup" that include the host "myhost.mydomain.com"

The main NOIP account has the username: mainAccount

Using a group called  to update DDNS the username for the group must be a join from groupname and username.

In my example =  myGroup:mainAccount

and the password for the group is different form tha mainAccount

The RUT240 not update DDNS if i use the group credential. In the log I read "badauth"

Instead, if I use the mainAccount credential all works fine.

I can't use the mainAccount credential because I need to configure a router of one of my customers and I dont' want that him can read my NOIP credential. Using group credential my customer can't access to my NOIP account, can update the DDNS ONLY.

Could be a firmware bug ?

I update the RUT240 to latest RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.4.

In the previous firmware the no-ip.com provider was not avilable, in the 01.14.4 come back.

I hope the description of issue is clear.

LOG from /var/log/ddns

202452       : sending real IP to 'no-ip.com'
 202453       : #> /usr/bin/curl -RsS -o /var/run/ddns/myddns.dat --stderr /var/run/ddns/myddns.err --noproxy '*' 'http://<myGroup>:<mainAccount>:<password>@dynupdate.no-ip.com/nic/update?hostname=myhost.mydomain.com&myip=151.43.14.146'
 202453       : 'no-ip.com' answered:
badauth

Thanks in advance.

- Pierluigi

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello, Pierluigi,

Thank you for contacting us.
I would like to inform, that unfortunately, our router does not support no-ip group functionality.

Best regards,

Sigitas
by anonymous
Hello Sigitas,

i am currently using the Rut 951 with the newest firmware (RUT9M_R_00.07.03.3) and by using a different GroupName:MainAccount separator (# instead of :) it all worked fine!

So my configuration have GroupName#MainAccount and GroupPassword for the authentication.

Hope it can help some other people with this issue.
Thanks,

Roberto Coni
0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, the following as reference for whoever might need this in the future.

I've managed to make the noip group configuration working on RUT500s with last firmware.

I've configured the Dynamic DNS service with a custom URL (but using noip's URL anyway) and using %3A instead of a colon.

So:

Service: -- custom --
Custom update-URL: http://[USERNAME]:[PASSWORD]@dynupdate.no-ip.com/nic/update?hostname=[DOMAIN]&myip=[IP]
Hostname: your hostname
Username: yourgroupname%3Ayouraccountname
Password: your group password

Cheers!