FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
239 views 5 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

I am using a TRB140 with latest mass production firmware (TRB1_R_00.07.00_WEBUI.bin). I downloaded as well the lastest Package zip file (00_07_00_01_TRB1_zipped_packages.zip) to install the web filter package via the WebUI.

After package installation the Web filter with Site Blocking and Proxcy based content blocker submenus is shown via the WebUI. I am able to load and configure the "Site Blocking" submenu, but the menu "Proxcy based content Blocker" is empty/will not load.

The browser developer modus shows the following error message "Uncaught (in promise) SyntaxError: Unexpected token ".

I tried the web filter as well with TRB1_R_00.02.06_WEBUI.bin firmware (web filter is already built into the FW) and it works for both web filter submenus. Any idea how to solve the issue with latest firmware?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I have just tested with my own TRB1 and proxy-based filter installed correctly, loaded as expected. I was using TRB1_R_00.07.00.1 firmware for my tests. You have mentioned that you were using the TRB1_R_00.07.00 version, could you upgrade your TRB without keeping settings and try to install the package via WebUI once again?

Regards.

by anonymous

I flashed the TRB140 to the TRB1_R_00.07.00.1 (keep settings deselected) and installed the web filter package agin to the device.I am still not able to access the proxy based content blocker (I attached an image of the error). Hint: A couple of days before I flashed an own firmware (Built via SDK) to the device. Is there any additiopnal reset needed (factory setting were executed, before&after I have flashed the official Teltonika FW)?

by anonymous
Then, I would recommend installing older firmware versions such as TRB1_R_00.02.06 and then try to go back to the latest.
by anonymous

I flashed TRB1_R_00.02.06 web filter works as expected and then tried go back to version TRB1_R_00.07.00.1
Still same issue as discribed above (Content blocker not working). 
by anonymous

I did an additional test with a new TRB140 (never configured or flashed from us). 

It comes with FW TRB1_R_00.02.06.1 and the Webfilter/Proxy based content blocker is part of the FW and works.

I flashed the TRB1_R_00.07.00.1 and installed the Web Filter via the WebUI from the "00_07_00_01_TRB1_zipped_packages.zip" Package.

Same issue happens, do you have any suggestions to me?

by anonymous
Hello,

I will try to reproduce this issue a few more times before, and then I will inform you.

Best regards.