FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
619 views 5 comments
by anonymous

I cannot send any SMS via the router. I get a "Time Out" message after a few seconds. Receiving SMS works well.

I use the actual firmware (RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.4). The device is connected via LTE only, the data connection is established.

Resetting to facory defaults did not solve the issue. If I insert the SIM card into a normal mobile phone I can send SMS.

Best

Alex

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Please tell me with modem firmware version you are using on your RUT240. You can check it by navigating WebUI > Status > Device. There you will see the modem section.

Regards.
by anonymous
Hi Vykintas!

Thank you for your fast reply. The FW is SLM750_4.0.6_EQ101.

Best

Alex
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you reinstall your modem module firmware?

There are the steps:

Download module firmware https://kaunas.teltonika.lt:444/f/cdd5bae7da134d969404/

Connect your router to your PC folder where firmware is located via SSHFS

mkdir /mnt/new`

`shfs user@host:/tmp/slm_on_pc /mnt/new `
And enter command:
meig_firehose -f /mnt/new/
by anonymous
Hi Vykintas!

I have problems followning these steps. Maybe it's becuase my PC runs on Windows 10.

Can I put the needed file onto the router and update the firmware from there? I have access to the router via Putty and can copy files there. But mounting a folder from my windows machine does not work for me.

When I extract the downloaded ZIP I find several files.

Best

Alex
0 votes
by anonymous

shfs is not available on this version of BusyBox (V1.30.1).

Any idea?

by anonymous
You will need to download the SSHFS package from openWRT
by anonymous
I had no success with these steps.

I got a new device and now the issue is solved. Thanks for your support.

Alex