FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
122 views 3 comments
by anonymous

RUTX_R_00.02.06.1

Hello support team,

Using the openvpn over RUTX11, I would like to maintain the vpn connection at full time, how or where can I define or modify the minimum traffic to allow this me to reach my goal please. 

Also other solution than defining the minimum traffic is always welcome.

Khun Sour

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Please elaborate a little bit more. If I understand correctly, you have configured OpenVPN between RUTX11 and some other device, could you specify what is on the other end? Do you notice that the VPN connection drops out after some time? Is RUTX11 client or server? Could you share a screenshot of configuration page (blur out sensitive information such as IP).

Regards.
by anonymous

Hello,

The RUTX11 is OpenVPN client that connected to the Azure Server using a configuration file, the connection is working fine, but sometime when there is no active transfer (idle state) for some time, the ping to the server is not working anymore. And I have checked that tun0 interface is still on with the correct IP address. I guess that OpenVPN is disconnected ? And don't know what is the value of minimum idle traffic? And where it is set inside RUTX11.

This is the configuration file I used:

client

dev tun

proto tcp

port 1194

remote ovpn.xxxx.xxxxx.com

ca ca.crt

cert xxx001.crt

key xxx001.key

cipher AES-256-CBC

auth SHA512

Thanks
by anonymous

Could you try to add two more options in your client config?

resolv-retry infinite

keepalive 10 120

by anonymous
Ok I will try it.

Thanks