FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
290 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hi,
I recently bought a RUTX12 to benefit from higher speed via CAT6 compared to CAT4 on my RUT240 before.

I was quite shocked to see my Telekom sim card connection not working in the brand new high end model why it did without any issue with the older RUT240. I wasted a lot of time with reseting and checking all available settings when I finally learnt from the community here that there is a workaround by setting up the APN manually. I invested a lot of time until I finally found that solution.
Why is a problem which was already reported for several Teltonika LTE routers still not fixed in the actual firmware many month later?

Why does it work like a charm for a Vodafone SIM card but requires still a work around for a Telekom SIM card? I'm at least happy to see that my hopes for improved connection speed with RUTX12 and CAT6 became true now. But I clearly must say I'm very disappointed about my first touch experience with a not working SIM card because of wrong default routines and no hint for end user on product about that known issue. I really expected better from Teltonika!

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Which firmware version are you running on your RUTX12? Could you tell me which APN you must use to connect with Telekom SIM card? Also, please attach a troubleshoot file from your router when AutoAPN does not work (by editing your question).

Regards.
by anonymous

Hi,

FW VERSION: RUTX_R_00.07.00

Working manual configuration:
Custom APN is "internet.telekom" with "none" authentication type.

Regards,