FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,347 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I want to automate the configuration of RUT230/RUT240 without connecting manually to the page of the router. I have seen the possibility to send UCI commands via terminal and tested some of them. Anyway I need the whole corrispondence between the manual configuration commands and the UCI commands, cause I cannot find a complete list and even sending "UCI show" via terminal I'm able to see only the parameters set by default.

Thank you all for support,

Alessandro

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

In your case, I would recommend configuring one of the routers via WebUI and then using the command uci show. Copy all the configuration and use it on other routers. Uci show does not display settings that are not configured yet and there is no other way to learn the commands. We also, do not have a full list: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/UCI_command_usage

Regards.

by anonymous
Hello,

first at all thank you for your answer. How can I copy the configuration after sending "uci show" via terminal? I see an export command but its function seems to show in a more understandible way a configuration section.

By a manual back-up I have downloaded a configuration file but manually uploading it on another router sometimes It gives problem with FW version compatibility. So I hope that using UCI commands this problem won't appear.

Last question: do you the UCI command to set the username and password?

Thank you

Alessandro
by anonymous

Well, it depends on your terminal, but just simply copy all UCI results to a notepad file and then add uci set to every single line on your notepad. After that just copy the commands to another router.

To answer your last question, the default username cannot be changed. Password is changed with passwd command.

Regards.