FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
190 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I'm installing an RUTX11 in my campervan.  I've purchased two separate mobile antennas to put on the roof, each with a ~3m cable.  Should I try to separate the antennas as far as I can (e.g. opposite sides of the roof)?

Also, if I don't need the full 3m of cable, should I shorten it by cutting and crimping on a new connector?  If I do that, should I keep the two cables the same length?  Would shortening the cables give better results than separating the antennas further apart?

Thanks,
Rob.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

To give you more information about why is RUTX11 is having 2 Mobile antennas (Main and AUX) here is a useful link: Mobile Main and AUX Antennas - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com). Separating the antenna from each other is okay the important thing is place the main antenna in a place that will have a much better signal reception. 

For the antenna part in the real use case the shorter the cable the lesser the signal loss that you will have. But if you bought a 3m long antenna this would be the design as per the manufacturer so you don't need to cut it. 

I hope this helps

Regards,
Mellow