FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
244 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I've fairly new RUTX11 (few months old), updated to latest firmware, but it is having odd spontaneous reboots once a while. Sometimes it can happen twice in a day, sometimes it takes several days. I've checked cabling etc and I don't have any scheduled reboot configurations on. I've just downloaded the troubleshooting data just after it happened, in case that is needed, I can provide it.
by anonymous
I'm having the same issues - my RUTX11 that I've had for one week reboots randomly every few minutes to hours to days. So far I've had uptime of up to 2 days and as short as several minutes. Very annoying. After first installing the RUTX11 I immediately updated firmware to 7.02.2 and this morning updated to 7.02.4. Since updating earlier today I've had 3 random reboots. I don't see any events or log entries that can explain what is going on. My power supply is wired direct (red wire to positive and grey wire to negative) to a 12V DC system (13.0V measured, supplied from a lithium battery) and my power monitor shows reasonably steady voltage - nothing lower than 12.8V.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Thank you for your query.

Could you please provide that mentioned troubleshoot file to me?

You could do that by either private messaging  me or editing your previous comment and adding it as an attachment, which way is more convenient for you. Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Dziugas
by anonymous
Sent the troubleshooting file via private message.
0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

I have looked into the troubleshoot file that you have provided, unfortunately, not much could be seen there as when the device reboots the information at that moment is not being written. I do suspect that this could potentially be a hardware issue. I would recommend to:

1) Reflash the firmware using a bootloader menu.

detailed instructions could be found here: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUTXxx_Firmware_via_The_Bootloader_Menu

2) Try using the device with another PSU(Power supply unit) if possible, as these recurring reboots could potentially be caused by a power shortage

If the above steps do not help please contact your supplier as this is most likely a faulty hardware problem.

Best Regards,

Dziugas