FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
320 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hi
We have quite an extensive network, and I have noticed that when I try to add more Teltonika RUT950 devices on my default OSPF area (which I am only using for Teltonika routers at this point) they are learning the routes incorrectly through other Teltonika devices.

To get around this I am breaking my network up into even more smaller areas, but ideally would like to configure these devices as Stubs. Searching through documentation I have found that the Teltonikas used to have a Stub option in earlier software releases, but it is missing in the current release (tried 06.08.03, 06.08.05 and 7).

Is there a way to have this feature implemented?

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.
Your information is correct. In Teltonika firmware released in 2015 was stubs function in OSPF configuration.
From that time, firmware had major upgrades and this functionality was removed.
I will ask our RnD department if there are possibility to use this function in a new our firmware and let you know about their answer.

Best regards,

Sigitas
0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

For a quick fix,

router ospf
        area {area_number} stub
option can be added and whole configuration can be uploaded via WEBui (Import config option under OSPF configuration).

You can

1. Connect to the router via SSH
  2. cat /etc/frr/ospf
  3. Paste to notepad
  4. add additional line
  5. upload configuration file
Example of modified configuration file:
hostname admin
password admin01
enable password admin01
!
access-list vty permit 127.0.0.0/8
access-list vty permit 192.168.40.1/24
access-list vty deny any
!
!
interface eth1
  ip ospf hello-interval 10
  ip ospf dead-interval 40
  ip ospf retransmit-interval 5
  ip ospf priority 1
  ip ospf network broadcast
router ospf
ospf router-id 4.4.4.4
  network 192.168.1.0/24 area 1
  network 192.168.40.0/24 area 1
  area 1 stub                             ### add this line
!
line vty
access-class vty
Note: make sure that text file is saved correctly, without those weird newline symbols that happens if using Windows.