FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
157 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

i am trying to use a RUT955 as a LTE Backup. Device is a replacement for a RUT950 which died. The 950 was on 06.(very old) and was working for years without problems.
Topology is as follows: RUT955/LTE-Passtrough-eth1 -> connected to Firewall WAN2-DHCP_Client

Problem now is that the Passtrough is working, Firewall gets assigned a dynamic Public IP by the ISP. But its the network IP which then means no connection etc.

Screenshot attached and below:

Device RUT955
FW: 07.00.2

Any Ideas?

Thanks and BR
Alex

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your query.

In Passthrough mode the router assigns its mobile WAN IP address to another device. So lets say you have a router RUT955 and an IP 93.111.186.191/25 from your ISP. You configure Passthrough mode on it and connect to a firewall( I assume you have a physical firewall device). The idea is that this Firewall device should get its WAN IP from the router which would be 93.111.186.191/25(The one router uses to exit to the internet, the one it received from ISP). I have tested a simple passthrough mode configuration with a router and a PC, the PC obtains WAN ip of the router. So I am afraid that I might not fully grasp what actually you are trying to achieve with your configuration.

Could you please explain a little bit what exactly is not working? And in particularly, what you meant by: "But its the network IP which then means no connection etc."?

In addition you could take the troubleshoot file from your router and forward it to me via Private message. Navigate to System->Administration->Troubleshoot and click on Download

Best Regards,

Dziugas

Best answer
by anonymous

Hi Dziugas,

yes this is exactly what i am trying to achieve and what was working for years with an older Software Build on a RUT950 in the exact same configuration.

What i was trying to explain was that the Firewall gets the Network Address of the Subnet and not an IP from the normal Range. However this seems to be a Problem between ISP and Modem as sometimes it works and sometime it doesnt. Could also be that the transmitted Subnet Address is wrong.

I found another Problem and also the Solution. TTL seems to be handled quite strict by some ISPs so with a Mangle Rule outbound to increase the TTL everything is working now. 

Thanks for your Support.

BR Alex 

PS: i have just seen that i have uploaded the wrong screenshot, therefore the confussion. Problem solved anyhow, for now at least.