FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
2,227 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi there

I am attempting to setup an OpenVPN server on the RUT955.

Are you able to assist with creating an appropriate client profile (i.e. client.ovpn) for my windows PC?

The server configuration is as follows:

config openvpn 'ServDemo'
    option keepalive '10 120'
    option _name 'ServDemo'
    option persist_key '1'
    option port '1194'
    option persist_tun '1'
    option dev 'tun_s_ServDemo'
    option verb '5'
    option type 'server'
    option proto 'udp'
    option enable '1'
    option comp_lzo 'no'
    option _tls_auth 'none'
    option client_to_client '1'
    option _auth 'tls'
    option server_ip '10.10.0.0'
    option server_netmask '255.255.255.0'
    option auth 'sha1'
    option ca '/etc/vuci-uploads/cbid.openvpn.ServDemo.caca.crt'
    option cert '/etc/vuci-uploads/cbid.openvpn.ServDemo.certserver.crt'
    option key '/etc/vuci-uploads/cbid.openvpn.ServDemo.keyserver.key'
    option tls_server '1'
    option client_config_dir '/etc/openvpn/ccd'
    list data_ciphers 'DES-CBC'
    option cipher 'DES-CBC'
    option dh '/etc/vuci-uploads/cbid.openvpn.ServDemo.dhdh.pem'
    option upload_files '0'

I will be using a static IP address and I have generated by own CA, Key and Certificates using the OpenVPN EasyRSA tool.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Nishant

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi Nishant,

Thank you for your query.

I have altered your configuration a little bit and configured OpenVPN Server and Client for you. Please see the attachments.

Steps you would need to take:

1) Setup OpenVPN server on your router(Make sure it has public IP address). You can find detailed example in the attachments I have provided. Configure accordingly. After configuration according to Open_VPN_Server_Config_1.PNG and Open_VPN_Config_2.PNG access your router through SSH and type: cat /etc/config/openvpn. If configured correctly, the configuration displayed there should be identical to shown in Open_VPN_Server.PNG.

2) Go to OpenVPN GUI on Windows -> settings->advanced->Configuration Files - put the path to your certificates and configuration file(You can use my provided OpenVPN client config file or create your own(I recommend using mine for testing), just add public IP of your server instead of the brackets). In general, for testing purposes, I would simply recommend to create a Folder on your Desktop, for example OpenVPN_Test, and add all the certificates, keys to it. Also add the configuration file so OpenVPN GUI could locate ir easily.(So you would not have to import it)

3) Connect to the openVPN server(Note: make sure you disconnect your router from the PC(OpenVPN Client if they were connected through LAN)

Additionally, you could check our Wiki page for more information:

1) OpenVPN Configuration examples: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/OpenVPN_configuration_examples

2) OpenVPN Server on Windows: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/OpenVPN_server_on_Windows

OpenVPN Server Configuration:

/etc/config/openvpn:

OpenVPN Client config:

Best Regards,

Dziugas

0 votes
by anonymous

Instead this, you may use this script to give you easiest way with TLS support via CLI..

This guide followed from : https://vvcares.com/blog/post/openvpn-with-pihole

This script will install openVPN with PiHole with all required iptables rules enabled. This script can install with Digitalocean Anchor IP too (10.15.xx.xx). So you could access the PiHole interface via your desired hostname.

1. we do initial linux upgrade & update

2. Get OpenVPN installation from original source

3.Make it executable script

4. Finally, install PiHole on it

by anonymous
could you please check private message?
by anonymous
can you please help me in linux upgrade & update.