FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
119 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I've just set up a RUTXR1 as the main router in my setup, acting as a PPPoE client for my fiber modem which is in bridge mode. It gets a WAN IP just fine, just like my Unifi gear did before it.

My issue is that when the wan interface has failover enabled, it randomly fails ping checks and goes offline. I'm attaching a screenshot of my configuration, but it's been configured with default parameters, and Google's as well as Cloudflare's DNS servers, with a reliability of 1. Unfortunately 3-4 times a day, it'll randomly decide those are all unreachable and drop my Internet connection. I never had such issues before with other gear, it seems to have appeared only on this setup.

Additionally, and I don't know if this is related, but for a short amount of time after completing my setup, while testing for connectivity on my laptop, I was able to browse the web just fine, but all outgoing pings failed. This seems to have resolved itself after a while, so I never got to the bottom of it.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for sharing fail-over settings. I would suggest setting Count parameter value more that 1. With your configuration, it basically sends 1 ping and if it fails, then it initiates failover. Random single ping fails may happen sometimes.

Regards.
by anonymous
Hi, thank you for your response.

I've upped the count to 10 and re-enabled the interface for failover, but unfortunately it just happened again. I went to check and it was marked as "Offline" once again, and my Internet connection didn't return until I turned off the failover switch for that interface.