FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
2,010 views 4 comments
by
Hi,

We have a new RUT955 which is running 4G LTE connectivity alone.  We don't have any advanced services, filtering, VPN etc running but the load average is constantly above 1, with an average CPU usage running at near 100% most of the time.  The web interface takes around 5-10 seconds to change screens and isn't very responsive.

We're only passing between 500Kbits and 20Mbits of data through the unit with it in a factory default config - latest firmware.

Any ideas if this is normal?

Thanks

Steven

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

This is definitely not a normal behaviour. Can you tell the product code, exact FW version and what is configured ?

Also you could PM me the troubleshoot file ? It might help to check what is causing high CPU load as I've not heard any similar issues with the latest FW versions.
by
The product is RUT955H7VXXX and the software loaded is RUT9XX_R_00.06.00.2.

We have setup a multi-wan config with two SIMS connected to two UK LTE networks, with supervision of the configuration so it failsover if one SIM stops operating.  Even with that disabled and manual changeover it still has massive CPU usage.

We've tried disabling as many services including WIFI on the device so it has nothing else to do other than ethernet LAN to WAN LTE traffic.  We have factory default firewall rules, no VPN, no WIFI, monitoring on a 30 second period (or disabled) and all other services disabled.

Any ideas of what we can check would be useful?

Thanks

Steven
by anonymous

Hi again,

Can you PM the troubleshoot file from the device with your standard configuration and when CPU load is high ? 

You can check here how to download it. 

0 votes
by
I have had the same issue after updating to 6.00.1.

After disconnecting the USB harddrive the CPU usage goes to a normal level.
by
Thanks - We've got no peripherals attached to the unit, just the two factory WIFI antennas and a third party MIMO 4G lTE antenna.

Are there any other things that we should do?  We did get the unit, immediately upgrade to 6.02/6.03 and hit the issue so I've got no idea if it worked fine on the original firmware that was shipped.

Thanks again

Steven
by anonymous

Hello,

If you still getting high CPU usage, please connect to the router via SSH or CLI and use command: top and you should see what is using all of the CPU. Please provide a screenshot of that information, where is an example: https://community.teltonika-networks.com/?qa=blob&qa_blobid=11568338239329389667