FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
415 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hi! I have 6 RUTX11's total, and right now 4 of them are not connecting with the same error "failed to resolve hostname." The other two are working, and all of our sim cards from verizon and t-mobile are under the same plan and I've already troubleshot with them to make sure everything was in working order there. Two of the routers had been having hiccups the past few days, connecting and then not working again until we did a reset with the pin. Then yesterday, they completely would not connect, I tried to replace them with two new RUTX11s but we had the same issue, and I tried using two new sim cards as well with the same issue. When I log in to the router, it looks like everything is working except I get the error "failed to resolve hostname." Can anyone help me out with why this might be happening to certain routers and not others, and how to fix? Thank you!

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
If four out of six routers have the same problem, and two of the routers are replaced with "new ones", having only the SIM cards in common, everything points towards a network / provider- problem.

Even if they are on the same network / providers, they might be routed differently or are on a network where the DNS server(s) are unreachable. Did you check what DNS addresses they all are using for comparison? I take it that you are receiving an IP address. But can you ping 8.8.8.8 at all?

What happens if you set the DNS servers to (for example) 1.1.1.1 (CloudFlare's) and 8.8.8.8 (Google's)?