FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
122 views 0 comments
by anonymous

Hi

I use an industrial VPN application - connected to 9 clients.

The installations and connection work great.

but...

Every few days / weeks, the VPN HUB is disconnected for all customers at the same time.

I find myself connecting manually to the VPN HUB every day to avoid embarrassment in front of the customer and reduce their unavailability to the network

Two actions resolve the issue:

1. vpn hub retails menue> CLIENTS> toggeling enabled switch from ON to OFF to ON

2. Download a new configuration file for each client's OPENVPN application. (Extremely problematic solution - completely not applicable to me ...)

(VPN RESTART does not help)

The questions:

1. How to prevent the phenomenon?

2. Is it possible to monitor the correctness of the VPN HUB (similar to device alerts) so that I can respond immediately?

Thank you...

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Well to begin with I would like to apologize for the inconveniences caused. We did indeed have certain technical issues with RMS VPN recently that resulted in all of the RMS VPN Hubs being down. Now the problem has been fixed.

Could you please send me your RMS company ID/name via private message so we could have a more in depth look into it.

Also we would need more information exactly what you meant by unavailability of the network. In other words, does the VPN Hub goes down or the clients are being disconnected? To check this, when such issue occurs, you should open your VPN account and click on VPN HUb. Does the status change?(becomes red, or starting up). Or are there no sessions available when you click on sessions?

This information would be vital in terms of finding the issue. Also if you do have such information, maybe you have recorded when exactly, date and time these issues occured? It could have been that at that time we had either a maintenance or a serious technical issue.

Best Regards,

Dziugas