FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
190 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

Thanks for this community. I am a new use of RMS and have couple or questions in mind. If someone can help, that would be very nice.

1)All devices come with 5gb data as I know. How can I add it to the system? When I add two devices to RMS data is not increasing to 10gb. What am I doing wrong? Also where to check the data usage?

2)How can I check if the device has internet connection or not without using RMS monitoring?

3)Does data to server function spend RMS data?

4) What is a reseller account? How do I manage and sell credits to the customers? How do I transfer RMS credits?

5)Also all devices as I know comes with free 1 month monitoring. During this 1 month I am thinking about setting a VPN hub parameter for a remote PLC in the RMS. I assume this won’t change the VPN hub settings? In this case, Can OPENVPN work continiously without using monitoring function in the RMS? There will be RMS data for the VPN and Connect of course. When RMS is out of data then I will add RMS credits but not use monitoring.

Thank you very much

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

1. RMS 5GB data is dedicated t your account (not a device). Adding more devices will not give you additional data. Every newly created account does have 5GB of free data.

2. Well, if you do have your device physically near you, you can try to locally open its WebUI and ping a random address. If the device is somewhere remote then there is an option to send an SMS message about connection status to the remote device: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT955_Mobile_Utilities#SMS_Utilities

3. No, data to the server is a router feature and it is not tied to RMS at all.

4. Reseller is a distributor that buys credits in bulk directly from Teltonika and sells them to his customers. I suggest contacting Teltonika's sales manager about it.

5. Theoretically you could do that, I will need to double-check with our RMS team about it.

Regards.

by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for yor response. So every added user (invited) will have 5gb, is that correct? Also is reseller account means parent company or do we have a different setting for that? Also when can I expect an answer for question 5?

Thank you very much
by anonymous

Thank you very much!! Very useful advice

slope game