FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
201 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

i just bought the RUT240. The RUT 240 is connected to a device which need a static IPV4 address. Otherwise it loses connection every 24h, when the IP of the SIM changes.
How ever the provider (O2) can only give me a static IPv6 adress.

Is there an opportunity to set the IPv4 static?

Thank you very much!

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous
Hello,

I would like to ask if your device is connected to RUT240 in passthrough/bridge mode or in a regular way and obtains IP address from RUT LAN subnet such as 192.168.1.X?

Regards.
by anonymous
Hello,

i am sorry to admid, that i dont know how the device is connected.
I just connected it with a LAN-Cable.

Is there a possibility to get an static IPv4?
by anonymous
If you have not configured anything and just connected the device with a LAN cable I suppose your device does have LAN IP.

I would recommend editing your end-device network settings to use static LAN IP. For example 192.168.1.100 , Netmask 255.255.255.0, Gateway: 192.168.1.1

When your operator changes SIM IP, it is inevitable that you will lose connection for a few minutes in the process.

Regards.
by anonymous
Thank you very much.

That means i should be able to connect my PC via LAN to change the Network Settings and then connect the Device i wanted to use with an static IPv4 address, right?