FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
149 views 1 comments
by anonymous
On the RUTX11 (all recent firmware) there is a password policy enforcing, an upper case character, a number and a length.

I feel this is not up to the router to decide what password I should use and should not be enforced. For instance, I would like to use all numbers, all symbols, all letters, numbers and symbols etc etc...

There are many security articles explaining why password policy enforcement is not a good idea.

How can I change the password policy on my RUTX11?

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. At this moment you cannot change the password in a way that is not according to the policy. I could send this as a suggestion for our RnD team to analyze.

Regards.
by anonymous
Yes, please suggest it to your RnD team.

Being able to disable the policy would be good.

Better yet by default having no policy and having a "password strength meter" to inform the user rather than enforce the user.

Please do consider this.
0 votes
by anonymous

This is not an official way, but I have managed to set my own password by ssh'ing in to the router and using the traditional `passwd` command.

I hope this helps others.