FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
182 views 1 comments
by anonymous
The OpenVPN client config via WEB UI seams to be buggy, the client crashes at start for unknown reason (ref. to the attached screenshot with the settings in WEB UI as well as to the attached log file). An analysis of the client config file which is created by the WEB UI in the folder /tmp/etc/ did not provide any findings - it looks correct. I did not discover in it any syntax errors or hidden unprinted symbols.

A clean and safe workaround for this issue proved to be the use of a client config file instead of providing the the inputs via the WEB UI (this is an option in the OpenVPN client config via WEB UI) instead.

Update 12.11.2021:

1) This report is related to RUT955 with FW 06.08.05

2) Attached you will also find a working example of a openvpn client config file to the workaround solution

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Which device and firmware version are you using? If it is not the latest, please upgrade. I will try to reproduce the issue.

Regards.
by anonymous
Sorry, I forgot to provide this important information: I am using RUT955 with FW 06.08.05, which is currently the latest before the newest 7+ FW.

I am currently reluctant to change to the 7+ FW because of some issues with the handling of the WIFI access points by the 7+ FW. I will report another problem report on this at a later time asap. Except some minor issues the FW 06.08.05 appears in total quite robust and it is doing a great job in ~ 20 RUT955s in our company.