FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
183 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hi,
[edited to correct bandwidth typo]
I would like to limit upload bandwidth from just one IP on my LAN that sends security camera recordings, especially when using LTE.

I've installed the QoS package and updated the system to firmware v7.00. I had assumed that I'd be able to simply limit maximum upload bandwidth on wan or mobile interfaces but I can't seem to select anything except wan or lan in the dropdown box when adding an interface.

Also, does an interface need to be enabled at the top of the QoS page in order to prioritise bandwidth? Or does that work independently?

Ideally I would want that IP to limit to 10 Mb/s upload on wired WAN and around 2 Mb/s when using LTE in a failover situation. Failing that, I'd just like to stop the link saturating with video uploads (mostly via HTTPS) either wired or mobile.

Thanks for the help in advance!

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi Jay,

Thank you for your query.

I am afraid that currently with the built in functionality such use case wouldn't be possible. However, limiting download and upload speeds for mobile and Wired WAN interfaces previously was available on our old firmware versions for RUT9 series devices.

I have logged in a consult query with our R&D(Research And Development) department to check when ever we could expect such functionality in the future releases(ability to limit upload/download speeds on Wired WAN and Mobile interfaces seperately).

Regarding your other query, the interface should be enabled to prioritize bandwidth in QoS.

I will update this case as soon as I get a reply regarding this matter from R&D.

Best Regards,

Dziugas
0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

I have consulted with our RnD department. Unfortunately as mentioned such functionality is not available and currently there is no available workaround. This should come with one of our future releases, however, no timeframe could be provided at this moment.

Best Regards,

Dziugas