FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
1,065 views 7 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I have the job to setup a RUT955 with a static IPV6 adress. In a privious question I got the answere that RUT240 doesn't support IPV6 and only RUT9xx and RUTX series support IPV6 right now. So we buy a RUT955, in the next days I have to setup that RUT955 with a Sim card from german Telekom with static ipv6.

As I read in the manual I have to change the settings in mobile -> general setup and their PDP Type to ipv6 and the apn to festip.telekom.

To get extern acces to an device which is connected to the RUT I have also to change settings in the firewall and have to setup a port-ruting to my device with the specified port.

Is this correct or are their some other settings which must be changed to get this setup to work?

Regards Florian

7 Answers

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hi, Yes it should work fine with correct settings: Re-iterating the steps for ipv6 below:

1> Network >> Interfaces >> MOB1S1A1 >> General Settings >> PDP Type >> IPv6
2> Network >> Interfaces >> MOB1S1A1 >> Advanced settings >> Use builtin IPv6-management should be enabled
3> Network >> Interfaces >> MOB1S1A1 >> General Settings >> Auto Apn (off)
                                                         >> APN (Custom)
                                                         >> Custom APN festip.telekom
                                                         >> Authentication : None (Or whichever as informed by the service provider)

Yes, Port forwarding should work as configured as stated "port forwards" section in the link : https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT955_Firewall#Port_Forwarding

Thanks

+1 vote
by anonymous
Hey,

I've changed settings like your discribtion. The RUT955 is now registered in the network, but the data connection is disconnected.

Same Sim card works in my mobilephone with the same apn just fine. Are their some other settings I have to change?

Regards Florian
0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

I am unable to access the provided troubleshoot file, please can you send it to me as a zip attachment in a private message ?

Also, output of below commands from the RUT's CLI ?

gsmctl -K

gsmctl -F

gsmctl -j

gsmctl -p wwan0
gsmctl -p mob1s1a1 or gsmctl -p MOB1S2A1

gsmctl -e wwan0
gsmctl -r wwan0

Also, reiterating the following interface setting has been done and WAN6 interface enabled :

Also, please check with the operator about "data status" specific to the RUT's SIM number, IMEI

Thanks

by anonymous
Hi,

here the output out of the cli:

root@Teltonika-RUT955:~# gsmctl -K ^CELLINFO:LTE,FDD LTE,262,01,44297473,307,173037,1,22543,3,100, 1300,19300,-63,-90,-8,210,22,4,255,-,-,2,-,0,-,0,0,0 root@Teltonika-RUT955:~# gsmctl -F +SGCELLINFOEX:LTE,FDD LTE,262,01,44297473,307,173037,1,22543,3, 100,1300,19300,-63,-90,-8,203,20,4,255,-,-,2,-,0,-,0,0,0 root@Teltonika-RUT955:~# gsmctl -j Disconnected root@Teltonika-RUT955:~# gsmctl -p wwan0 Failed to lookup "wwan0" iface uci section GSMCTL error: reading message N/A root@Teltonika-RUT955:~# gsmctl -p mob1s1a1 42.1.5.152.255.49.109.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0. root@Teltonika-RUT955:~# gsmctl -e wwan0 6205 root@Teltonika-RUT955:~# gsmctl -r wwan0 804 root@Teltonika-RUT955:~#

after setup wan6 into static and set ipv4 (required) to the standart adress 192.168.1.1 I can't get acces to the router anymore. Only a factory reset with the reset butto solve the problem to get acces to the router. I tryed it for two times with the same result. I also checked the standartgateway adress with the cmd (ipconfig). Out of the cmd the 192.168.1.1 is correct, but the Rut wasn't reachable.

Regards Florian
0 votes
by anonymous
Hi, Please can you share the troubleshoot file to check further ? Thanks
by anonymous
Hi,

I've send the troubleshoot file in a privat message yesterday.

Regards Florian
0 votes
by anonymous
Hi, I have sent you the details in the private message, Please check. Thanks
+1 vote
by anonymous
Any updates on this?

Today i start setup Telekom with festip but it doenst work
0 votes
by anonymous
hi Florian

I use rut955 and a simcard from Telekom with static IPv6 as well.

I use the apn settings as described by techvin030.

you mentioned, that you were adding firewalsettings and port routing. can you tell me what you did or maybe post screenshots of the settings you have?

Iam not able to open an port for an ipv6 address

greetings
by anonymous
sorry I resolved it, ignore my request ^^
by anonymous
Hello DoDo, Hello Florian,

Did you manage to get the static ipv6 address with rut955 in the end? I have to do the same with RUTX50 so I would like to know if it is working with Teltonika device. Do you think that you could describe to me the final setting?

Thank you in advance,

BR,

Tomas
by anonymous
Hey Thomas,

unfortunately I don't  exactly remember what my problem was.

My IP at least more or less static, but that is due to our tariff of the LTE card that the IPv6 address changes now and then.
One problem I had and didn't recognise was that my sim card was not reliably detected. I do not touch the antenna now and switched to the 2nd sim card slot.

With some setting I had the problem that I only clicked ' save & apply' in the subdialog on and not also again in the dialog above it (not sure if it was a problem here or an other menu)

I attach screenshots of my mobile interface.

I don't think I had to make any other adjustments.

So make sure
- does the SIM card you have really have an fixed address? In some contracts you don't have fixed addresses but only NATed.

- At the status settings, is the operater state 'registered' and the data connection state 'Connected'

- are your settings in the interface of the mobile part simmilar to my settings?

- have you hit save and apply on all levels?

Greetings
Dodo
(I will add screen shots in the next comment)
by anonymous

this are my current settings