FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
417 views 2 comments
by anonymous
I have tried to configure RMS VPN HUB, but with no luck - even going step by step with the youtube video and following other questions on the topic.

I create new HUB, add client and device (RUT240), activate LAN routing on RUT240, add route to the local LAN (10.0.0.0/255.255.255.0), download *.ovpn configu file for the client - I am able to connect to VPN, I can see both devices connected to the HUB (in RMS), but in 90% of the cases I am not able to ping even the RUT240 - not mentioning the devices in its LAN. I have few times succeeded in pinging both RUT240 and devices in its LAN, but then it stopped working without any particular reason - just like that.

What's more, in most of the cases disconnecting from the VPN on the Windows client end up with the OpenVPN Connect app complete freeze.

Could you please investigate the topic?

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Please contact me via private message with your RMS company name so I may analyze the RMS VPN issue further.
by anonymous
Hi,

It seems to be working now - every time I have checked the connection before, it was just after connecting to the VPN with my PC client. Some day I have tested the connection few minutes after connecting to the VPN and it worked.

Few additional tests revealed that establishing connection to the remote clients/networks via RMS VPN HUB takes up to a few minutes - I guess it could be stated anywhere in the support materials that such connection is not established at once as expected, but it might take some time.

Now, every time I connect to VPN HUB, I give it about 2-3 minutes before trying to connect my remote devices - it works with such approach.
0 votes
by anonymous
Hi

I am also experiencing trouble with this. I have spent hours going over and over the tutorial, followed it step by step but I just can't make it work. I also found the recorded webinar.

I have Clients setup, routes and OpenVPN with the downloaded config. But I just can't access the remote device at all.

What could I be missing please?
by anonymous
I seem to have solved it. I don't know why or how but I seem to have a connection.