FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
542 views 6 comments
by anonymous

How do i install aircrack-ng, hcxdumptool, hcxtools, and nmap. 

i have been trying to install these tools via opkg and also cross compiling new firmware but both will no success.

there is always a problem with either openssl / libpcap or another libraries

i have tried opkg remove to the library and reinstall but after a reboot it normally breaks the sim connetion or luci (gui web)

if anyone has a idea please help! 

Thanks.

by anonymous

so update the new firmware RUT9_R_00.07.00.2 works with aircrack-ng, airmon-ng, and hcxdumptool. nmap is still not working and it is not possible to install hcxtools from opkg at this moment.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
As the RUT955 is supported running official openwrt, just switch the OS. And install your required packages.
by anonymous
yes i tried the openwrt firmware but i came across other problems like only one sim working and no way to switch to the other sim
by anonymous
Then you did something wrong.

For a commercial app, I (also) implemented switching of SIM1 <-> SIM2 on the RUT955, running openwrt 21.02.0 . Works for AT&T <-> T-Mobile. In combi with mwan3 failover, of course.
0 votes
by anonymous
Hi, which device are you using and which firmware version? I will try to install the same packages on my own device.
by anonymous

i tried on RUT955 and RUT240. 

RUT240 does not have enough memory.

RUT955 i extended the memory with a USB flash drive and i am using the newest firmware (RUT9_R_00.07.00.2 )

side note the problems start normally after a restart.

by anonymous
Instead of using external USB to extend flash (not memory), better to build your own image, only to contain required packages.

Either to use Teltonikas SDK for it, or official openwrt, for the RUT955.
by anonymous
i tried that aready..... My goal is to try to install the 3 packages without building a custom OS.