FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
281 views 3 comments
by anonymous

Hi All,

We are having a couple of issues with SMS triggering I/O in the newer versions of firmware.

This behaviour is present on both the RUT955 and RUTX11 models that we have.

1 – Active Timeout doesn’t seem to work at all anymore. The IO will change state to Closed for example but does not revert to Open at the specified timeout.

2 – SMS Rules used to trigger based on the start of the message. For example: If the trigger was abc, and you sent abc 123 it would still work. This was desirable for our use case as the messages we're using have a set prefix but unique information after that. Edit: This was due to the colon issue.

3 – SMS Text for triggers can no longer contain colons for some reason.

Firmware we're testing with for reference...

CURRENT FIRMWARE INFORMATION

Firmware version

RUT9_R_00.07.00.2

Firmware build date

2021-10-19 23:41:22

Modem firmware version

EC25AUFAR02A04M4G

Kernel version

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, and I can provide any further data/logs requested to aid in troubleshooting.

We've tested of Factory Reset devices, and rolling back firmware to Factory Release for the 955 resolves all issues.

Thanks,

Evan

by anonymous
Is there another support channel I can raise this through?
by anonymous

RUTX11 RUTX_R_00.07.01

Issue 1 - Active Timeout issue resolved

Issue 2 - Seems fixed.

Issue 3 - Still present, any colon breaks the message

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you give me an example with message text colon used at what point breaks the message? Or colon placement doesn't matter?

Regards,
Vidas.
by anonymous
Hi Vidas,

Looks like it was a number of things in the end...

V7 doesn't allow you to add a colon via the GUI anymore for SMS rules. We didn't know this initially as we were doing updates and it was migrating our configs to the new UI 7.x, importing the existing rule containing the colon. Even though it was showing it in the GUI, it didn't seem to function for some reason.

We got around it by manually editing the sms_utils file to put our rule back in there. It works fine now, although I still don't know why the GUI stopped allowing it as of V7, or what our potential issues may be by doing it manually, it seems to work fine for us now though.

The Active Timeout problem was fixed in the next release.

Kind regards,
Evan