FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
147 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hello everybody,

is it possible to cascade the RUT240 via WAN Port to a LAN ?

To be more precise:

- I have my own network with an RUT using the LAN Port. (DHCP, own SubNet and so on).

- As the Main-WAN i use the LTE WAN, which works perfectly fine.

- As an WAN-Failover (or LTE as Failover and WAN-Port as Main) I want to use the internet access of my customers. Instead of getting in touch with his network, i´d like to use the RUT as an IP-Client. So both of the Networks are seperatly. So my RUT on the WAN Port would get an Privat-IP Address form his Router.

If I do not enable the checkbox use WAN-Port as LAN, i think WAN-Port mights to be a WAN. But if I get an Private IP (from the customers Router) it´s automaticly fliped to "WAN-Port used as LAN".

Maybe you could help me.

Thanks a lot

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

Right now the latest firmware for RUT240 is 07.01.

I suggest to update the firmware, because it has different webUI. In this latest UI the WAN setting is different, so there should be no problem regarding WAN port automatically flipped to LAN anymore.