FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
614 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi all, I was wondering if it were possible for a router to automatically download a configuration saved the backup function in RMS after it is factory reset.

This would apply only to routers previously registered and backed up via RMS, manually or by auto-backup function.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Once a device is offline in RMS, simply by uploading a backup configuration to an offline device, you can to set it so the next time it connects to RMS, the backup is automatically uploaded to the device.
Let me know if this is a viable solution for your use case.
by anonymous
Hello,

my idea was to configure the routers with a hotspot function that will limit the bandwidth or configure a data allowance per day/week/month. Users might decide to factory reset the router to get around that limitation and use the default SSID and password as it is etched into the routers.

If there was an option for a router to install the latest backup after being factory reset that would be great, since I can't be there to oversee when a router goes offline all the time.

obviously routers without the proper configuration can be configured from RMS, but by then the users might have already consumed huge amounts of data, so I had hoped this could be automated somehow. I'm not sure this is precisely what I had in mind, but thank you for your thoughts!
by anonymous
Hello,

A way to get around users factory resetting your devices would be to disable the factory reset option altogether.
In the System -> Administration page of your device there is an option to edit the actions done by pressing the reset button. Using this you can disable the ability to reset the device using the physical button.
Also, you could use the Alerts functionality (found in the Devices page) to keep track when devices go offline. With it you can receive email alerts whenever a device changes its status from online to offline or vice versa.