FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+2 votes
1,140 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hello support,

Currently I have the following configuration, to mount a VPN client with my RUT 240

From the PC I can ping all the clients and the VPN server, from there I can access the Web Server of the PLC that is in the same network as the server.

I can ping from the PC (client network) to the PLC (server network). I can enter the web server of the PLC without problems.

Now I switch the PC to the server side and the PLC to the client side. But making this change I cannot ping or access the PLC.

I cannot ping the client or any computer that is on this network.

3 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Did you add a TLS client on the OpenVPN server side? By adding a TLS client, you will then be able to access the client router. More information you can find here: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/OpenVPN_configuration_examples#Clients_from_Server

Regards.

by anonymous
Hello support, of course I have the certificates so I can access the server network from the client (attached image settings that work).

I can see the network of the server from the client but the communication is not bidirectional, I cannot see the local network of RUT 240 from the server or from other clients.

I know that the openvpn file is fine because I mount it on a PC simulating RUT 240 and with the PC I can ping and see the PC's local network from the server or other clients (attached image OPENVPN.png)
0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

Please can you check / share output of the following ?

1> A topology diagram with components involved would be helpful in visualizing the scenario

2> From the RUT's CLI : ipsec status

2> Traceroute from the PC when on the client network towards the server and PLC and vice versa ?

3> Traceroute from the PC when on the server network and PLC and any other PC on the client network ?

4> A topology diagram with components involved would be helpful in visualizing the scenario

5> In the RUT's VPN config check if the "left firewall" and "right firewall" options are enabled

6> Is there any firewall rules, access controls on the either client or server side networks ?

Note : Please also check the following link for vpn configuration https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/IPsec_configuration_examples

Thanks

by anonymous
What version of firmware are you using? I just spent 3 days trying to get the server (ASUS router) to see the client (RUT955) local net to no avail. I was using the latest firmware 00.07.01.1. I downgraded to the factory release version 00.06.08.5 and it worked first time. Maybe someone could investigate this as I really prefer the UI of the later version but there's obviously an issue with the routing for openvpn. Hope this helps.
0 votes
by anonymous

What version of firmware are you using? I just spent 3 days trying to get the server (ASUS router) to see the client (RUT955) local net to no avail. I was using the latest firmware 00.07.01.1. I downgraded to the factory release version 00.06.08.5 and it worked first time. Maybe someone could investigate this as I really prefer the UI of the later version but there's obviously an issue with the routing for openvpn. Hope this helps.