FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
303 views 1 comments
by anonymous
I am using postman to get GPS coordinates. After I get the session ID, I Post the following:
{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "id": 1, "method": "call", "params": [ "456f77f6b686bf5972daa3a26bee60b0","file", "exec", { "command":"gpsctl", "params":["-ix"] } ] }

I should get:

{"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":1,"result":[0,{"code":0,"stdout":"-23.612625\n-46.626355\n"}]}

but only get back:

{

"jsonrpc""2.0",

"id"1,

"result": [

]

}

Any suggestions ?

Many thanks !

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi Helmidreijer,

Thank you for your query.

I did notice that you are using JSON, Could you please elaborate a bit:

Which firmware version are you currently using for your device? (is it RUT9_R_00.06.08.5 or RUT9_R_00.07.00.2)?

Best Regards,

Dziugas
by anonymous

Hi Dziugas

I am using RUT9_R_00.07.00. 

I can get the coordinates via the Web interface using admin and password and also via the CLI command gpsctl -ixes using root and same password. However, using the jsonrpc call after obtaining a session ID, I only get the  "result": [6] I am not sure what the result 6 means ? The same code worked a year back with a different older Firmware version.....

Many thanks for your support. Rdgs Helmi

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

I do apologize for the inconveniences caused, it is a known issue with 7.0 Firmware version that JSON is not working as expected. This has been already reported to our RnD. Currently, the planned fix is with our 7.2 FW release.

However, for now I would recommend to downgrade the firmware version to RUT9XX_R_00.06.08.5:

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT955_Firmware_Downloads

Best Regards,

Dziugas