FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
609 views 0 comments
by anonymous

The brand new RUT360 case needed to be grounded due to light electric shocks when touching it. After grounding it this was solved, but the problems didn't end there. I got very slow speeds (5-20mbps) while the signal was -62db so that is not bad (connected with very good directional antennas, but also tested it with stock antennas). on my phone I get -100db and I get speeds over 300mbps. The speed isn't the main problem, but it drops very often. the connection is not stable. I checked the real-time data and the signal quality stays the same so somewhere else the connection is dropped or the router is overloaded. All I do is voIP like discord or MS Teams, browsing and streaming media. No heavy loads at all. tried updating to the latest firmware but this is even worse with CPU load 95-100+%... I don't understand why this product made it to production as it is clearly flawed. I have a unit from batch 02.

Also when I try to move it it reboots, it's like the power connection is faulty.

For a unit like this I expect high quality and stable connection!

I tried to connect it directly with cable, with wifi, but the intended setup uses an outdoor wifi AP but with all the issue remains. With the external AP it is even worse!

When I try to call Teltonika they pick up, it remains silent and hang up?! I need to get this resolved asap!

Provide me a solution, replacement or other unit that will fit my needs as I spend 250+ euros on a device that is completely useless angry

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello Zvanende,

I am sorry to hear that you have been having all these problems with our device.

1) "The brand new RUT360 case needed to be grounded due to light electric shocks when touching it"

Regarding the small electric shocks that you were getting, I would like to sincerely apologize, such problem has not been reported before. But in general, if that would be happening often and only with our device then you could contact the Supplier to return such device if that is the devices problem. (From what i understood you have managed to solve this issue with grounding)

2) "I got very slow speeds (5-20mbps) while the signal was -62db so that is not bad (connected with very good directional antennas, but also tested it with stock antennas). on my phone I get -100db and I get speeds over 300mbps." :

Modern phones support faster LTE technologies than most Teltonika-Networks devices as they are made and used for different purposes. Most of the speed discrepancies are due to carrier aggregation (CA). To see how CA and other factors can affect LTE speeds, please refer to the LTE Speed Discrepancies page:

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/LTE_Speed_Discrepancies

3) "The speed isn't the main problem, but it drops very often. the connection is not stable." :  It is difficult to to say why this has been happening without knowing more information, is there a chance you could provide a screenshot of Status -> Network from Routers WEBUI after the connection is being dropped.

4) Regarding CPU load, there is a know issue/bug with the newest firmware version RUT36X_R_00.07.01 where CPU Load is displayed incorrectly. To see the correct CPU load you could use the command: top , via routers CLI. This should display the correct load of the devices CPU. Alternatively, the firmware version could be downgraded to RUT36X_R_00.07.00, it could be found at at:

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT360_Firmware_Downloads

5)  "Also when I try to move it it reboots, it's like the power connection is faulty" - When moving the device, please make sure that the cable is not getting unplugged(sometimes, the cable gets loose if its being stretched and it could cause the device to reboot, even though it is not clearly visible. The pins get unplugged inside due to stretching, but the cable still stays in place). However, if the cable is firmly connected and you are just moving the device it should not reboot. This could be due to a faulty power supply, I would recommend to test it with another power supply(if you have the chance) or any testing equipment that could provide the device  9 - 30 VDC. If the issue reoccurs, then it is most likely a hardware problem and you should contact the seller.

I understood that you have already tried contacting Teltonika, what phone number did you try calling? As in general you would need to contact the seller of the device to return it. Did you buy your device directly from Teltonika or from a reseller/another company?

Best Regards,

Dziugas