Hi, I have a problem with the very latest RUT9_R_00.07.01.1 firmware using a Teltonika RUT955. The update from the previous version (6.08.05) is successful but the SIM inserted in SIM 1 is never seen.
Tue Nov 23 20:00:15 2021 daemon.info unhandler : modem_init [1-1.4] : send to gsmd 'AT + CPIN?'
Tue Nov 23 20:00:15 2021 daemon.info unhandler : modem_init [1-1.4] : get from gsmd '+ CME ERROR: SIM not inserted
Moving the SIM into slot 2 works instead. If I go back to the previous firmware the SIM is seen in slot 1
The biggest problem is that by physically removing the power cable from the teltonika and putting it back, it completely loses any menu concerning the SIM/Mobile.
Instead, if I restart it from GUI or SSH, the SIM continues to work but only until the Teltonika is turned off, after that the SIM no longer works.
In SSH with logread -f it appears:
Mon Nov 22 20:38:19 2021 daemon.info gsmd : gsmd [find_modem_vidpid_by_id (): 660]: Modem not found ...
Mon Nov 22 20:38:19 2021 daemon.info gsmd : gsmd [exec_cmd (): 548]: Modem not found ...
Resetting to factory settings does not solve the problem. The only one is to go back to the previous firmware (6.08.05) where everything returns to work correctly.
CPU heavily used (over 100% at times) but the Teltonika doesn't seem to have slowdowns
Even the LEDs that indicate the strength of the mobile signal do not light up when the teltonika mounts firmware 7, they always remain off.
If I try to load the firmware from the bootroom I get the error "Error: Incorrect checksum" and I downloaded the file again even a little while ago.
I have tried to switch several times from new to old firmware, also trying not to keep the configuration, but the problems persist.
Tomorrow I will do the tests with another Teltonika RUT955 to see if maybe this is what is faulty even if it has never had major problems ;)