FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
495 views 1 comments
by anonymous
I'm trying to install a network with a RUT240 router, using SIM card as an internet source.

I bought this unit as it is able to use both RJ45 ports as outgoing LAN ports. When looking at the multiple walkthroughs already available to change a WAN port to LAN port it simply doesn't work.

First I unchecked the Wired WAN as a WAN Failover under Network->WAN. Only thing checked is the Mobile (WAN) as Main WAN.

When I go to Network->LAN to check the box where it says "Use WAN port as LAN" and press Save, the router's WiFi stops working. Still gives WiFi signal but no internet. The 2G/3G/4G LEDs start cycling and blinking and most gets stuck blinking every 1 sec at 3G LED. Two bars are displayed on the Mobile signal LEDs even though it was 3-4 bars when earlier.
The WAN port works for a few seconds as a LAN port but then no internet.
The LAN port doesn't work.
Both ports' LEDs light up when cable is connected.

Am I doing something wrong? I changed nothing else in the setup wizard. Do I have to make some further altercation to the settings before enabling WAN as LAN for them to work together?

Firmware is up to date (14.4)

/Emil

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
I have just registered to respond as I have been having similar problems....

I think there is may be a bug somewhere....

I have just upgraded to 7.01 to try and fix similar issues without success:

LAN connection to client working fine for several months, no issue....but wanted to be able to connect a second client PC

I upgraded to 1.14.4 (from 14.3 I think)

In my case I had set use 'WAN' as 'LAN' but then the LAN port immediately stopped working (no green light) (for a long time I thought it was a software issue in the client) but with the WAN connection eth1 working (green light and successful connection by client pc) but unable to connect to the LAN port... so I still only have one useable LAN port..

Then even if I unset use 'WAN' as 'LAN' the LAN port would not work again (no green light)

In despair I upgraded to 07.01 and both WAN and LAN ports show a green light but still I can only connect a client computer to the WAN port.

In my case the mobile modem and WiFi has been working fine..
by anonymous
Interesting.. This is probably an even more accurate description of my problem. Must be a bug..?
0 votes
by anonymous

Hello Emil,

Thank you for your query.

It is indeed strange behavior of the device, I have checked at my end, unfortunately, I was not able to replicate the issue on 7.01 FW.

Could you please try upgrading the firmware version to RUT2_R_00.07.01: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT240_Firmware_Downloads

After upgrading, Could you follow this guide: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/Setting_up_WAN_as_LAN

If the issue would reoccur, please Navigate to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot and download the troubleshoot file. Please Forward the troubleshoot file to me via private message.

Note: I have seen the other reply where a customer has similar problem with 7.1 FW, however, this would make it easier to troubleshoot.

Regards,

Dziugas