FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
320 views 1 comments
by anonymous
As title says,

i noticed this when i wrote "user" instead of "username" in the query and wondered why i got no sms even though it looked find (based on the status).

Shouldn't it return 403 in that case, as you are rejected cause of invalid credentials.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello

Thanks for contacting TELTONIKA | Crowd-support forum.

Post/Get service functions for me in RUT240 as expected, when I write "user" instead of "username" I got "Bad username or password".

Can you please let me know what happens when you write the right word "username"?

In the meantime, have you tried theses option?

- changing + by 00

- Rebooting the device

- Resetting your gateway to default factory settings.

Best regards.

by anonymous
Sorry for the very late response.

The response body isn't what's wrong, but the response status.

If the credentials are wrong you typically will return the proper state,

as the request wasn't "OK" (as you gave it the wrong credentials or parameters etc) so the state should reflect that.

403 for bad credentials for example.

Of course responding with a error message in the body is very much appreciated as well.

I don't have access to it right at this moment so i will have to comeback to after checking that the body is informative, i believe it's like yours there.

Sorry once again for being so late will have to make sure i setup notifications correctly.