FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
982 views 11 comments
by anonymous
Hi, I cannot access rut240 or the lan device. When I try to connect (https, ssh, sftp) I get the following message "Failed to initialize ssh connection".

RUT240 and lan device appear onilne on RMS.
by anonymous
Same for me but legacy mode access to the routers works.

And by doing some reverse ssh port forwarding magic I can
access the devices behind the routers (for now).

But that's not what I bought the 200 Tokens for. So please
fix this ASAP!

With best regards,
Runner
by anonymous

This problem is not yet resolved.

I have this same problem when trying to access trb140 with firmware TRB1_R_00.07.00. when attempting to generate a link I get the error 'failed to initialize ssh connection'.

using legacy mode, generates a link but the link just gets me a white screen.

Best Regards

by anonymous
I have the same problem as both users above describe. It basically renders the RMS service useless.

We are currently evaluating TRB245, and want to buy 50 units, with 100 units more down the road, all using RMS as the backbone of being able to configure and access WEBUI and CLI from remote. But doesn't look to good for the evaluation I must say.

Running 00.07.01
by anonymous

Same issue here. Able to access the RUT240 in legacy mode but not able to access device behind the router and I am get the following error "Failed to initialize ssh connection".

by anonymous

Hello,

Possible temporary failure of the RMS platform. You can try "Use legacy mode".

Sorry for the inconvenience.

by anonymous
Sadly the Legacy doesn’t work either. It generates the link, but simply just opens a blank white page, then nothing.

So I am basically locked out of the system.

This is obviously shaking my confidence in the hardware to the core. Luckily this is in testing, but when in production we will have the units in hard-to-reach places, where it will be both expensive and non-trivial to access them.

Is this a common thing to have happen?

3 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Same here - suddenly not able to connect to any sites but the modems are connected.
by anonymous
Hello,

We appreciate your contacting us and letting us know. The problem is already known to us and has been registered. We make every effort to remove it as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience
by anonymous
Problem seems to be solved.

Thank you very much!
by anonymous

Hi, I cannot access RUTXR1 either "Legacy" or new

by anonymous
Do you have a valid credit coverage?

Could you send a serial of the router in a private message with more details on the issue, how it happens, troubleshooting you have done?
0 votes
by anonymous
Problem was fixed in Australia within 24 hours of my post.

I suspect Teltonika has certificates expiring all over the place.
0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
If you are still encountering the same issue, could you please send me a private message with your device serial number, so I may look into this issue further?
by anonymous
Update: We finally found that the RUT seems to generate a random port to connect to server outside. These ports are outside the normal range and are being blocked by firewalls. One can make a firewall rule, but with IP being DHCP server it is not easy. Teltonika team please respond what it the solution or will you fix the RUT connection with outside to use the normal range of ports. How do I send you a private message? Brian