FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+3 votes
817 views 8 comments
by anonymous

RUT955 lost Mobile network after FW RUT9_R_00.07.01.1. Tested this with another similar RUT955 and same thing.

Up to RUT9_R_00.07.00.2, RUT955 was working normally and was able to connect to cellular network using SIM1.

After update modem status was following (RUT955_Mobile_Status_before_Power_cycle.jpg). Previously working modem was not able to see SIM1 and not able to connect to network. Neither mobile network LED's are illuminated any more.

Reset and reboot with taking power supply off, resulted that in next boot whole mobile network section was missing from UI and of course no Internet access with mobile network.

Downgrading to RUT9_R_00.07.00.2 resulted that Modem was back to UI and connectivity was re-enabled.

Just wondering that what is going on with Teltonika and did they even tested this version with RUT955.

by anonymous
Exactly the same issue here as well.
by anonymous

Hello,

The issue is already known and has been submitted to RnD, but we'd always appreciate more information regarding it. If you can, please create a troubleshoot file and send it to me via private message. 

Please create troubleshoot file when any of the following occurs: 

• Once your router loses its modem module
  • Once your router starts reporting that the SIM card is not inserted
  • Any other issue with mobile connectivity/loss of connectivity occurs

Instructions on how to generate troubleshoot file:

A Troubleshoot file contains a device's event logs, configuration files and other info useful for diagnostics. It can be downloaded from your device's WebUI, Troubleshoot page:

System → Administration → Troubleshoot

Thank you for any assistance and any sort of follow up in advance!

Best regards,

Tomas.

by anonymous
Same issue. I've PM'd the troubleshoot file to Tomas.
by anonymous
How to downgrade?

I have just upgraded to the latest version and seem to be having problems configuring the box, but that may be due to my unfamiliarity with the system.
by anonymous
Download older firmware file from RUT955 firmware page and upload file to router.
by anonymous

I had the same issue. It looks like in RUT9_R_00.07.01.1 the sim-card slots are reversed.

Putting my SIM in slot 2 activates the modem. Funny thing is that on the "Mobile Network Status" page the now active slot 2 is reported as SIM 1 

The physical signal indicator on the RUT955 is not working in this state.

After a reboot the mobile tab is gone again. 

3 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

If I download RUT9_R_00.07.00.2 , can I apply it from the command line? I prefer to avoid GUIs whenever possible.

by anonymous

Hello,

It's possible upgrade/downgrade the firmware via SSH. Please note however, that the firmware should be uploaded on your router before upgrading/downgrading. You can upload it to the router via the SCP protocol in a /tmp/ directory, then login to the router via SSH, navigate to /tmp/ directory by typing in "cd /tmp/" and enter the following command:  sysupgrade -n RUT9_R_00.07.00.2_WEBUI.bin

The "-n" flag will make sure any configuration is erased during the downgrade process. This is step is mandatory when downgrading firmware. Make sure to keep device powered on for at least 5 minutes to let it upgrade itself.

Best regards,

Tomas.

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I'm creating a new answer due to some extra progress for this case. The issue has been found and a fix will be provided with the upcoming hot fix firmware. In the meantime I'm leaving a link for everyone who's having these issues to the test firmware. Please note that this is a test firmware and it hasn't been fully tested so unless it's not urgent, I'd advise to wait for the official hot fix to come out. 

Link to the download:

https://kaunas.teltonika.lt:444/f/8e67ebe4224b42728da5/

In case you do choose to install it, make sure to fully reset all settings right before upgrading or make sure to fully reset the router to default settings once the firmware has upgraded. Any additional feedback will be highly appreciated!

Best regards,

Tomas.

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

A new firmware 07.01.2 is officially out. Please update to the newest version via web UI (from server) or download it and update it from file. You can find firmware for the devices here:

RUT950 https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT950_Firmware_Downloads

RUT955 https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT955_Firmware_Downloads

Thank you everyone for the feedback and assistance! Let us know if any similar issues arise with the newest firmware.

Best regards,

Tomas.

by anonymous
Working OK, except that OpenVPN profile lost user name and password during upgrade process even "Keep setting" was enabled.
This might cause issue for someone if they are upgrading remote modem and relying only to modem VPN to get connected after upgrade. Can you test this issue in your lab too?