FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
180 views 1 comments
by anonymous
I have a RUT955 (FW: RUT9XX_R_00.06.07.7) configured with a L2TP/IPSec-server, DHCP and DynDNS (Noip).L2TP/IPSec, DHCP, DynDNS and WLAN works fine.
In the LAN of the RUT955 there is a GIRA X1 with a fixed IP adress. This is a device which has its own OpenVPN server and ist uses an own dynamic DNS service. The X1 should be reachable from outside with 2 different OpenVPN profiles. The necessary ports forwarding is established.

One VPN profile uses "dev tun". This profile works correct. It returns a IP adress in an internal range of the X1 and it allows access to the X1 only.
The second profile uses "dev tap". This profile does not work. I think it should provide an IP adress from the RUT955 DHCP to the OpenVPN server of the X1 to send it to the remote client. But the client does not receive an IP adress, see attached log.
It is cross-checked with other X1, other clients and access from other site, the result is that it is very likely that the problem is in the RU955, but I have no idea where to search for a misconfiguration!

If necessary I can provide configuration details and the OpenVPN profiles.

regards
GKap
by anonymous
The problem is solved, it was a typing error in the port numbers - several times checked but not seen.... Unfortunately the error messages gave no hints where to search the Problem!

regards
GKap

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

by 

The problem is solved, it was a typing error in the port numbers - several times checked but not seen.... Unfortunately the error messages gave no hints where to search the Problem!

regards
GKap