FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+3 votes
909 views 7 comments
by anonymous

Latest fw https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/wikibase/images/6/6e/RUT9_R_00.07.01.1_WEBUI.bin  makes ddns not reachable, it shows on ”package manager” page as failed and if I try to reinstall, it just says theres not space??

on services page it shows as enabled, but trying to reach its settings, ot throws exception 404

also, for some reason the cpu usage is near 100%

5 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi Timosa,

Thank you for your query.

I do apologizes for the inconveniences, here are the instructions on how to install DDNS manually:

1) Go to the following link: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT955_Package_Downloads#Latest_Packages_.28from_07.00.29

2) Download the latest release under latest packages: 00.07.01 - Latest

3) Extract the package, there you will see all of the available services. For example DDNS service will be: DDNS.tar.gz

4) Go to routers WEBUI, navigate to Services -> Package Manager -> Upload -> click Browse -> Select the file, in my case I selected DDNS.tar.gz.

5) If you have done it correctly it should look like in this image:

Wait a couple of seconds, a new window will pop up similar to this:

6) Click proceed.

Regarding the CPU load issue on our newest firmware version this is a known bug. It displays the CPU load incorrectly on WEBUI. To find your true CPU load you would have to access your router via CLI and type the command: top , this command will show your true CPU load and in general in more detail.

Instructions on how to access CLI:

1) WebUI method: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT955_CLI

2) Third party software Putty SSH access on Windows: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/Command_Line_Interfaces#Windows

If the issue regarding DDNS package reoccurs after following these instructions, could you please specify what exactly error you are receiving and post it here(possibly a screenshot). Many thanks.

Best Regards,

Dziugas

by anonymous

Hi

Same problem still. ”Not enough space to install package” I removed every package i could, flash memory seems to stand somewhere around 50%

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello Timosa,

Yes indeed it seems that there could be a bug on our newest firmware version that doesn't allow to install DDNS package as soon as the flash memory load reaches 48-50%.

A workaround would be to restore the device to default settings, this would reset it and delete all of the currently installed packages. Then your flash load would be around 15-16% and it would allow you to install DDNS Service.

Regarding this issue I have informed our R&D(Research and Development) department to look into this.

Best Regards,

Dziugas
by anonymous
Factory reset is not an option at the moment. Remote site, surrounded by snow… cant log in after reset, or how was the default web remote access?

I try to log in with ssh and delete logs etc, what else can i delete to free flash?
by anonymous

"as soon as the flash memory load reaches 48-50%."

I have the same problem with only 31% flash memory load.

by anonymous
Hello Wamiduku,

Thank you for reporting this, I do apologize for the inconveniences.

As mentioned previously, the fix will be available with our 7.2 Firmware version. An alternative would be to use our test firmware, if you would like to try it, please send me a private message and I will forward the test firmware to you.

Best Regards,

Dziugas
0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

There is a workaround when it comes to installing packages without size checking.

Could you please open the CLI of the router and run the following commands:

1) opkg --force_feeds /etc/opkg/teltonikafeeds.conf update

2) opkg install tlt-ddns

This should install DNS on your device.

However, if that wouldn't help please send me a private message I will forward a test firmware for you to try that should have the issue resolved.

Best Regards,

Dziugas
by anonymous

That was nice, but ended also same way. Not enough free space. Is there some advice what can i safely remove from filesystem?

by anonymous

THIS WORKS!

I had wasted an hour clicking through the menus, stuffing around trying to find the DDNS settings which wouldn't load (404 error) and package manager showing a blank DDNS entry, after deleting not finding where to reinstall the package even while services still listed a DDNS running... but unconfigurable. rebooted multiple times. 

Read the help pages, all related to old firmware and useless.

But THIS - this post of yours, is exactly the fix. It worked immediately.

Thank you!

1) opkg --force_feeds /etc/opkg/teltonikafeeds.conf update

2) opkg install tlt-ddns

0 votes
by anonymous
In such scenario it would be needed to know exactly what has been installed previously on the device. You mentioned that you have uninstalled all the available package manager packages, however, is there a chance something has been installed with opkg as this is based on OpenWRT?

Without knowing what has been installed it is really hard to say what could be deleted. As in general, the file system is programmed in such way that by deleting parts of the built in Firmware would delete that flash memory space as well, so the effect would be counterintuitive - it would result in the device having less flash memory than before.

As mentioned, I do have a test firmware available that could potentially solve this, however, it could also cause the device to be unreachable. Regardless I believe that Either a test firmware or a restore to default settings would be required in this case. If you would like to try this test firmware, please send me a private message and I will forward it to you with the instructions.

Best Regards,

Dziugas
by anonymous
Hi

got it working with brute force. I added —force_space to your install command. Risking that it could spoil it alltogether but now after reboot, there seems to even be my old settings intact. Flash usage now 75% any guesses what is eating my superhero?
0 votes
by anonymous
Good Morning,

I am glad to hear that you were able to get it working, however, I have not provided you the brute force command on purpose as it potentially could have ruined your device and would have required a restore to default settings to make it working again.

In general, it is quite strange that your device has had 48-49% flash memory load with every package manager package uninstalled, therefore this will require further debugging. My suggestion would be to wait until you can physically reach the device(From what I understood that is currently impossible to do due to severe weather conditions) and restore it to default settings.

After restoring to default settings most of its flash memory capacity should be freed and the load should be only around 10-12%. Sometimes it could be 15% depending on the device, but usually no more than that. If the load would be again 48-50% after restoring to default settings this would indicate a more severe problem with the device. The next step would be to install only required packages and monitor the devices flash memory, as currently it is really hard to say what has took all that flash memory space.

Best Regards,

Dziugas