FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
268 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Dear Teltonika support team,

have updated my RUT955 router to the FW version 07.01.1 hoping that problems with the firmware versions > 6 will decrease.

Even I reset my device to factory defaults to avoid any problems with legacy configuration and to enable a configuration from scratch.

After passing set wizard and - with a few additional configuration steps - getting device to work on WAN side (WAN, WLAN, Mobile) I wanted to configure an Access Point to get my mobile devices connected.

Yet, it is impossible to add an Access Point without simultaneously disabling wireless interface in general and the already configured wireless client.

Beginning with the first FW 7.* my router is permanently on my desk for try and error testing. Normally it should reside in my mobile home and provide internet connectivity.

Currently it is a nightmare with Teltonika's quality policy - not at all industrial quality!!!
by anonymous

same problem on RUTX14. Quality and stability is a nightmare. it is impossible to use the devices in an industrial environment with a clear conscience.

We evaluated a RUTX14 for a test project and find that the device has a very poor and unstable WIFI performance. We tested the supplied antennas as well as a expensive high-performance antenna.

Unfortunately, we have to keep restarting the device because the WIFI stops working after a while. We have also found that the response times vary greatly. Ping responses to the device range from 1 ms - 5000 ms. Tests were carried out under laboratory conditions with different end devices in an environment with low electromagnetic radiation. 2.4Ghz and 5GHz WIFI frequency were tested. The result is always bad.

Now we suspect that this is a technical defect or a firmware or general quality problem.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you please describe the issue in a little bit more detail, what steps do you take when configuring the new AP interface, what settings are applied, for example firewall zones, wireless security (cipher/encryption), any changes to advanced settings? 

As for the configuration in general, all interfaces are reloaded whenever a new wireless interface is added or when some modification is done to any of the wired interfaces - this is the intended behavior. Additionally, if there is an error with any interface configuration, it will not turn on until the error is fixed. If you've configured your interface correctly and it still doesn't come up, please generate a troubleshoot file and send it to me via private message, I'll make sure to investigate the issue.

What is a troubleshoot file and how to generate it:

A Troubleshoot file contains a device's event logs, configuration files and other info useful for diagnostics. It can be downloaded from your device's WebUI, Troubleshoot page:

System → Administration → Troubleshoot

Best regards,

Tomas.

by anonymous
let's stop with troubleshooting

this firmware 7.x is a nightmare since I installed it

besides, I never got any useful answer after sending troubleshoot file, even not with FW 6.x

I will re-install FW6.x for now