FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
532 views 3 comments
by anonymous

I have a RUT240 with firmware RUT2_R_00.07.01.

I am using OpenVPN (status page shows "connected"), however I am unable to use the internet whilst connected. 

When the VPN is disabled, I am able to browse the internet without a problem.

Where did I go wrong!? frown

Thanks in advance for your help!

by anonymous
I'm having the same issue with an RUTX12 - have double checked the VPN config but no nearer a solution.
by anonymous
I rolled back the firmware to previous version (R_00.01.14.4) and VPN is now working as it should using the same configuration file.

If you are experiencing issues with the newer firmware update you may want to explore this option.

Good luck!
by anonymous
Thanks but tried a rollback to earlier firmware and it's the same issue.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

In this particular situation more information about whole solution is necessary, since there are multiple variables which could cause such behavior. For example:

• If your OpenVPN client's and OpenVPN server's LAN networks are the same - after VPN tunnel is established, that might cause networking issues and prevent router from functioning normally.
  • If you have setup your "OpenVPN Server" to redirect all OpenVPN client's gateway, so that all traffic from OpenVPN clients would be forced through established OpenVPN tunnel, but did not altered OpenVPN server's firewall manually, that would still force OpenVPN clients to send all traffic through OpenVPN Server, but packets might be discarded due to firewall configuration.
These are just most common plausible causes, while issue in each situation can be related with other aspects.
In order to provide any more direct guidance, we would need more information, such as:
  • Between what two devices you are trying to establish OpenVPN tunnel? It is clear that one device is RUT240, but to what device this RUT240 is connecting?
  • Have you just setup your OpenVPN Server recently, or maybe you are using it for a while and already have working OpenVPN clients connected to it, just not this particular RUT240 with latest firmware version?
  • Topology scheme of your solution with IP addresses
  • OpenVPN configuration screenshots of both RUT240 and your OpenVPN Server
  • Troubleshoot package from your RUT240, which can be downloaded from "System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot" menu. Take note that troubleshoot package should be downloaded from the router, once OpenVPN tunnel is established and issue is present.
If this is just your testing setup and no sensitive information is located in router or information which we are asking to share, you can share this information in this crowd support ticket. Meanwhile, if there are sensitive information (which cannot be removed) inside any part of requested aspect, we would recommend sharing information with us by writing private message via this platform.