FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
10,574 views 11 comments
by

I cannot set the WAN port as LAN. Check box is non-responsive. WAN port is not selected as LAN, is it?

Note my firmware in image.

by

I followed the advice: I appeared to be unable to save changed WAN settings from wired, but I was still able to change the tick box in LAN settings. The WAN setting is still showing wired, but the WAN socket is now working perfectly as a LAN output.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

There is a small issue in RUT2 firmware, which does not allow to select "WAN port as LAN" option when "WiFi WAN" is being used in "Network -> WAN" menu.

This issue will be addressed in the near future.
Best answer
by
Hi. Do you know when this will be fixed please.
by
Same problem here. Before was able with the same model. Please fix.
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

This issue has been resolved in latest RUT2 firmware release - RUT2XX_R_00.01.07

You can download latest RUT2 firmware version from here:

https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/RUT2xx_Firmware

by anonymous
I have downloaded the new FW and the box is still unresponsive. Is there a process to this please.
by anonymous

Hello, drydera1,

Simply make sure that in "Network -> WAN" menu "Wired (WAN)" checkbox is not selected (which it is by default). Once WAN port will not be used as "WAN source", you will be able to select it as LAN port from "Network -> LAN -> Advanced settings" menu.

by
Still doesn't work , i'm  using the latest firmware (FW ver.: RUT2XX_R_00.01.07.1) but still the box is unresponsive
by anonymous

Have you unchecked "Wired (WAN)" checkbox in "Network -> WAN" menu?

Please share screenshots of your router's "Network -> WAN" and "Network -> LAN -> Advanced settings" menus.

by
I just tried it, works like a charm.  Just disable the WAN port on the main WAN port menu listed for INTERFACES.  Then to into and configure the LAN / Physical Settings section, add WAN6 to the interface selection, which makes the WAN part part of the LAN now.  So, just 2 step process to follow there and you are all set.
by
Hi,

Could you be kind to send detailed settings to use wan port as Lan for RUT240?

Regards?
by
I have an RUT240 running on PoE outside the house. I am trying to connect an access point to the Lan port on the PoE but it won't allocate an IP address. I have ticked the "Use Wan Port as Lan" box on Lan -> Advanced Settings.

Do I need to do something else?

Thank you.