FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
299 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

I am attempting to SSH into a Linux server connected to a remotely deployed RUT240.  This is my procedure:

1. Click "RMS CONNECT", "REMOTE SSH"

2. Get a "ADD NEW REMOTE" dialog, click it.

3. Select my RUT240 and click "SCAN DEVICE".

4. Get response: "No IP's available on selected device" even though devices are present.

A remote client can be manually added in my local test environment but the IP addresses are not known for remote installations.

How can I determine the IP addresses of the remote devices connected to deployed RUT240s?

Thank you

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

Regarding this issue of yours what you can do to identify the Local IP address of the devices connected to RUT240 by accessing the RUT240 CLI then try executing the command "arp" it will show you the arp table and from that, you will be able to see the local IP address it seems you will be having less connected device since it's only RUT240. Unless you connect multiple devices in your WiFi Network. Another way is to try to navigate to the UI of RUT240 in Status > Network > Topology and try scanning LAN. 

For this RMS issue, we will be checking this. 

Sorry for the late response. 

Regards,
Jerome

by anonymous

hi, 
did you find how to solve this issue ""SCAN DEVICE" >  "No IP's available on selected device" ?
We have the same here; SSH, HTTP from RMS dashboard to local RUT equipment is working ... but only if we manually configure the equipment on the RUT local network.