FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
245 views 4 comments
by anonymous
Hello, i have a RUT360 with the latest firmware and a Vodafon sim card. The router is connecting and shows a signal of -75dB. Some time later the connection is lost and the two left leds are blinking. i have tried to reconnect by pingreboot resetting the modem or reconnecting. But the only action to get a new connection is the reboot by pingreboot or webui or a new powerup. Is there somthing in the configuration to avoid this behaviour or did i do something wrong?

regards Joachim

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello Joachim,

Thank you for your query.

The behavior of your device is indeed strange. Signal strength of -75dB is actually a very good signal. Have you checked whenever at the time of loosing connection the signal is still the same?

It could be that the signal drops and you are loosing connection because of that, more information and some signal strength recommendations could be found here:

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/Mobile_Signal_Strength_Recommendations

If the problem persists and the signal strength is good at the time of loosing connection, Could you please download the troubleshoot file from the device and forward it to me. In order to do it, please, open the routers WEBUI navigate to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot -> Download Troubleshoot file.

Also, please note, that the troubleshoot file should be downloaded after loosing the connection and before any ping/wget reboot. So my recommendation would be to disable wget, ping reboot and replicate the issue. After it reoccurs, wait a couple of minutes and download the troubleshoot file (Rebooting the device will delete the logs that are necessary for troubleshooting)

Best Regards,

Dziugas

by anonymous
Hello Dziugas,

thanks for your answer. In the meantime i maybe solved the problem. i did a Factory Reset and setup the Custom APN to what i have found in the net. But this doesn't work, so i switched back to Auto APN. Now everything is working. Maybe the problems came from a firmware update with keeping all settings.

But there is another problem with the power plug. If you touch the cable the router resets, so there is no good kontakt in the plug. In the last 6 weeks i have tested a RUT240, a RUT950 and now a RUT360, all have the same problem with the power plug and the RUT360 was completely new. Where can i get a cable the fits the plug as it should. I'm disappointed because i expected a Industrial Router with industrial standards. I don't know a chines router with problems like this.

I hope you have a solution for this problem or you can tell me at least where to get a cable that fits the plug "industrial"

thanks for your answer

Joachim
by anonymous

Hello Joachim,

I am glad that you got it to work.

Regarding the power plug and the problem with router restarting, unfortunately, I wasn't able to replicate the issue. I have checked it on my router, touching or moving the plug sideways had no effect on the router(it did not restart), the only way to restart it was to unplug the cable a bit(to pull it out a little bit). In general, the router should not restart by touching the cable.

Originally, I thought that it could be a faulty power plug or a faulty router. But it seems that you have had the issue with multiple of our products. Just to double check, have you used the same power supply for all of them or did you use different ones? Since the power supply and the plug might be faulty.

All of the available power supply options could be found on our website:

https://teltonika-networks.com/products/accessories/powering-options/

Best Regards,

Dziugas

by anonymous
Hello Dziugas,

thanks for your answer. In the meantime i found the reason of my problems with the power connection. I bought a car-cable for the router and connect the router with it. From this moment the contact problems are gone. So the reason of the problems come with the power-adapter that came with the router. It seams to me that there are bad or non fitting contacts in the plug. I can not imagine that i am the only one with this problems for i got three different routers with this problems with the 220V power adapter. Where can i get a power adapter with a fitting plug?

regards Joachim
by anonymous

Hello,

In general all of our routers come with the same default accessories(power supplies, only the supplied voltage range differs)

However, as you have had problems with multiple power supplies, here is the plug that is used to connect to the router:

https://teltonika-networks.com/product/4-pin-plug-with-contact-terminals/

You could look for a power supply, that would support such plug from another manufacturer.

This is one of the Power supplies that could be used(From Teltonika Networks): https://teltonika-networks.com/product/eu-power-supply-18w/

Alternatively, any power supply with 4 pin industrial DC power socket 9-30 VDC would work. Therefore, you definitely could look for alternatives on the market for your specific application.

Best Regards,

Dziugas