FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+3 votes
621 views 5 comments
by anonymous
For 3 hours, RMS VPN server seems to be down. Hub creation and configuration seems works fine, but the client file (*.ovpn) is blank, 0 Ko or 1 Ko with this inside : "Could not source /etc/openvpn/ovpn_env.sh." The RUT240 also fails to connect to the server.

Any answer from TELTONIKA ?? VPN functionnality is not in BETA mode. We are in production and need to connect very quickly to our equipments, it's urgent !

Does anyone have a direct contact at Teltonika who can help me now?
by anonymous

Hello, we have the same problem with a RUT955, We are also in production. Please fix this ASAP!

3 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

We are looking at this issue as we speak. Could you tell me your RMS company name and VPN hub name?

Regards.
by anonymous
Hi, I have also just encountered this issue, the openvpn download was 0 bytes. I did have an openvpn config from a couple of weeks ago which connected once today but now won't connect at all.
0 votes
by anonymous
Hi, i got the same problem.

Its very sad becasue i have to access my devices but cant at the moemnt....
0 votes
by anonymous

I am also experiencing the same issue.

Just purchase 12 month access for two devices and cannot access anything:

Is this a frequent occurrence, I was planning to use this for a mission critical application.

by anonymous
Hello,

I can confirm that we were able to reproduce this issue and currently investigating what could have caused these issues. Hopefully, we will update the RMS platform with a fix soon.

Regards.
by anonymous
Still not working sorry
by anonymous
Hello ChrisH,

I would like to ask if you are still facing this issue? If yes, could yo specify your company ID and VPN Hub name?

Regards.