FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
209 views 2 comments
by anonymous
I am wondering if the X14 could be used like it was 2 different routers. I am using a multipath router on a raspberry and at the momment i have 2 x TRB140 that i can use to do multipath. If i substitute the 2 x TRB140 with an X14 can i have it behave like it is two separate routers and haveb my multipath router use the 2 different interfaces like it was two different routers?

Obviously it would be much better if it could do multipath directly but i understand it is not an easy architecture to implement :)

Hope it is clear.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Yes you can, I believe you should create 2 different VLAN on the router so that it would act like 2 router.
by anonymous
Are you sure about it? Would like an answer from teltonika staff too. Thanks for your answer.
by anonymous
Hi,

Sorry about that, I mistakenly read your question by thinking it's about RUTX12.

If you're planning to use RUTX14, then you cannot use it as 2 separate routers because the second SIM card only act as failover.

Unlike RUTX 12 that does have 2 active mobile connection at the same time.