FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
540 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I'm using RUT240 with FW ver.: RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.3, plan to get WiFi clients list over JSON RPC but error (always get {"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":1,"result":[6]} on Obtaining a session ID step), already figure out it is temporary down and to be wait until RusOS7.2.

Want to ask is it possible get WiFi clients list via UCI command? or any other way? Please advise/suggestion.

If answer is 'no', then which FW ver. to be downgrade and how to downgrade? (sorry for my dump question, I'm first time using this router)

Best Regards,

Flink

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you post what Post command you are sending to the router to receive WiFi client list?

Best regards,
VidasKac
by anonymous

You need to get session key first to before get WiFi client list.

1) Here is the command to get session key.(here is the sample, replace the admin password to your setting)

{

"jsonrpc":"2.0", "id":1, "method":"call", "params":

[

"00000000000000000000000000000000", "session", "login",

{

"username":"admin", "password":"admin01"

}

]

2) then post the following command.(this is the command, but i still no test yet due fail in step 1)

{

"jsonrpc": "2.0", "id": 1, "method": "call", "params":

[

"your session key from step 1", "iwinfo", "assoclist",

{

"device":"wlan0"

}

]

}

}

by anonymous

Hello,

Sorry I misundersood yours first post. and thought that second part is where you are not getting a response.

When using RutOS first request should be sent to <router_ip>/cgi-bin/login URL and after you get session ID you will need to use <router_ip>/ubus URL for rest of requests. even though until 7.2 fw release JSON-RPC is limited but I did a quick test and after getting sesion info, I did manage to get wifi client info with command that you wrote.

Best regards,
VidasKac.