FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
314 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I need a reliable wifi router with LTE modem for home use (work, online school, entertainment).

The house is not so big, around 250sqm, 2 levels. No cable internet nor phone line so I need to rely on LTE.

Which product can you recommend? Currently I use some ASUS, but the connection is unstable, requires frequent restart.

Thank you in advance

Ania

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

For this question of yours actually, it will depend on your requirements (WiFi, No. of LAN Ports, No. of connected device, No. of users), since we do have different RUTs that is having different LTE Categories. For example, we do have LTE CAT 4 (150 MBPS downlink and 50 MBPS uplink), next is LTE CAT 6 (300MBPS downlink and 50 MBPS uplink), and lastly, we have LTE CAT12 (600 MBPS downlink and 150 MBPS uplink).

If you want to do streaming, youtube, netflix, zoom meetings, and file transfers. My best choice will be RUTX11 since it will be having dual-band wifi (2.4Ghz and 5Ghz) for faster WiFi connectivity. Just keep in mind that the WiFi line of site range is around 100m without obstructions but let say if you have a lot of walls. It's suggested to have a WiFi AP in different places of your house in order to provide a stable and convenient speed.

Also, it would be best if you use 3rd party outdoor antennas for this RUTX11 so that it will be able to receive the best signal available in your area, in order for you to have a stable and fast internet connection.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Mellow
by anonymous
Thank you for yor respose.

There will be 5 users, using internet for teams, zoom, file transfers during the day and netflix in the evening.

So max 5 computers plus some personal mobile devices plus home printer.

Currently I have ASUS 4G-AC53U, but we're facing issues with stability (connection interuptions requiring restart, which is an issue during online calls). Also wifi signal strenght could be better. Can I expect RUTX11 to overcome those weaknesses? The price is 3 times higher so I do not want to overpay for getting similar result :-)

Regards

Ania
by anonymous

Hi, 

Regarding this question of yours about overcoming all the issues, you are facing with the ASUS router. We cannot assure 100% since there are multiple factors that can affect mobile connectivity as what is mentioned in this link: LTE Speed Discrepancies - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com) 

But regarding the device performance, it would be the best :) 

Regards,
Mellow